Under the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998, it is mandatory that the lifting operation is carried out in a safe manner. It is very important that the crane is guided properly and that the load is securely attached to it.
This slinger/signalling course is specifically designed to give you the necessary skills and training to direct the crane using effective signalling systems. This will ensure that loads remain safe in the air.
Aim of This Course
The purpose of this course is to provide participants with the basic knowledge and practical skills that are involved in handling loads and directing cranes according to the best standards. This will enable slinger/signaller to safely and competently carry out their tasks. Our experts use their vast knowledge and expertise to train the interested delegates.
What You Will Learn
This course will provide you with all the knowledge of modern slinging and signalling practices. After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the government laws and regulation regarding heavy loads lifting.
- Comprehend the different roles and duties of a slinger/signaller.
- Learn different methods and techniques of determining the weights and dimensions of different loads.
- Figure out the weight of the load and communicate this information effectively to the crane operator.
- Choose the appropriate lifting techniques and safely attach and detach loads.
- Signal the crane and moving loads of different weights correctly to ensure the safety of personnel and site.
- Discern the serviceability of lifting tackle to ensure proper running and maintenance.
This course will be a comprehensive guide for slingers and signallers. You can largely benefit from our trainers’ incredible knowledge base.