The NPORS N205 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Rear Tipping Dumper in order to enable the candidate to pass the NPORS Theory and Practical Tests.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with a rear – tipping articulated – chassis dump truck will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Maneuver in confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Position to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transfer loads to different locations.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
To achieve the NPORS Operators Card candidates must pass both the NPORS Theory and Practical Test.