The NPORS N214 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Ride on Roller in order to enable the candidate to pass the NPORS Theory and Practical Tests.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the ride – on roller will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and set for travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces.
- Maneuver in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for compacting duties.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Compact loose granular materials to specification.
- Compact straight lines and around radii.
- Compact supported and unsupported edges.
- Explain the principles, requirements and techniques of good compaction.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
To achieve the NPORS Operators Card candidates must pass both the NPORS Theory and Practical Test.