The NPORS N107 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Lorry Loader in order to enable the candidate to pass the NPORS Theory and Practical Tests.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the lorry loader will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks on the host vehicle and loader crane.
- Configure the vehicle and loader crane ready for travel.
- Travel the vehicle to an area of work.
- Maneuver in confined spaces.
- Position and configure the vehicle and loader crane for lifting duties.
- Deploy the stabilizers to specification.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Program/set – up and/or comply with Rated Capacity Indicators or Load Moment Indicators for lifting duties.
- Identify weights and centers of gravity of loads.
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of the loader crane.
- Place loads accurately at designated positions including on/into and from the vehicle.
- Explain the use of, types and fitting of boom extensions.
- Minimize the swinging loads.
- Secure loads on or in the vehicle.
- Explain different types of lifting accessories compatible with loader crane use.
Maintain safe working situations.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
To achieve the NPORS Operators Card candidates must pass both the NPORS Theory and Practical Test.