The NPORS N001 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Counterbalance Forklift in order to enable the candidate to pass the NPORS Theory and Practical Tests.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the industrial forklift will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces (with and without loads).
- Maneuver in confined spaces (with and without loads).
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Lift and remove various loads up to full working height of the forklift.
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
To achieve the NPORS Operators Card candidates must pass both the NPORS Theory and Practical Test.