The NPORS N203 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Excavator 360 – Tracked in order to enable the candidate to pass the NPORS Theory and Practical Tests.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with a 360 excavator will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway – where applicable).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for excavating duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground.
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials.
- Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers.
- Attach and remove buckets.
- Lift, move and place basic slung loads.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
To achieve the NPORS Operators Card candidates must pass both the NPORS Theory and Practical Test.